Friday, September 22, 2006

1995-1998....

1995
Struggling with money in my family, we sold our new car
I went to a "GO FEST" and God said "GO" so I applied for DTS in 4 places Tyler Tx, Hawaii, El Paso and Tepic Mexico, I made the decission to go to ELP because the envelope was bigger...hehe really I did...........
I broke up with Jorge (my friend was threating me if I didn't give a good ending to this relationship since he was not a Christian)
I left to a new world, lived in the border town, I thought I spoke English....hahaha yeah alright when I have to share the room with 2 Europeans and 7 Americans the only words that came out of my mouth were JELOU I AM FRROM MEXICO...after that I was pretty much lost.
God taught me soo much during DTS, I found the little monster that I have inside of me and that I was in big trouble..... Yet I had a heart for the lost
I saw a baby died in the train in the mountains in Mexico, after that I thought I could never go back and spend my life studying Law or numbers and making money
I made many mistakes with my English such as telling an American guy "I want you".... not that I wanted him just in spanish I wanted to say I like you , you are cool....
My first time in USA without my dad & money.....I saw lots of snow... Yeah in this year I grew up a lot and when I went back to Mexico for Christmas brake I knew I'd never be the same..
1996
Begun to work with YWAM Mexico city, staffed the DTS
Met a guy that almost married......12 years older than me..
Organized the Olimpic YWAM Outreach for King's Kids in Atlanta
Left to staff in El Paso...... staffed one of the best DTS ever, had the hardest outreach in the mountains
lived in mobile trailer where the floor shake and it was cold.... ate lots of cheap noddles
went home in a bus ride that took 30 hrs
1997 Staff another DTS
Transition and change of leadership in YWAM ELP
Learning Year (finances, American culture, people)
Drive in the USA for the first time
Went Michigan for Christmas
Travel alone and got stock in Cinccinaty Ohio in the way back due to a blizzar...
1998
Learn to manage the Kitchen for a lot of people
Buying food at Sam's club
Learning to cook for over 30 people
Met the awesome people from PA, laughed 'till I almost died
The busiest summer in my life, translate for long hours,
Felt in love for the first time in my life...
China was a big deal
Went to Colorado Springs for a brake
This year was special lots of changes in my thinking and God begun to speak about Asia... I was in total denial 'till in November I got a dream about "China" .....I was scared, challenge yet full of excitment for what will happen in the future.....
More to come....

2 Comments:

Blogger angeline said...

jelou faby, interesting stories. i want to hear more.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so cool to hear all those hidden stories...

Keep it up

Mike

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home